Each year, the first days of spring are accompanied by the delicious smell of wild garlic which covers the park with a beautiful green carpet. One of the small pleasures of life is to lie down in this ‘ocean of green’ and enjoy sunshine and the sounds of birds singing, a moment which every year in the same season allows me to recharge my batteries.
Did you know that wild garlic is delicious in pesto? Every year, we are patiently waiting for the wild garlic season to cook pesto. And the recipe is super simple! Here is our family recipe, give it a try and let us know what you think!
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 50 g wild garlic (green leaves, not onions)
- 60 g parmesan
- 60 g of walnuts, pine nuts or cashew nuts (personally, I prefer cashew nuts)
- 80 ml olive oil (a bit more or less according to your taste)
- A pinch of salt
Recipe (so simple!):
- Cut the leaves of wild garlic, the nuts and the Parmesan cheese into small pieces
- Pour everything into a blender and add salt and oil
- Mix until you obtain a homogeneous paste
- Pour into glass jars (jam jar style) or wecks and keep cool
That’s all, it’s super easy and super good. If the mixture is a little too strong for your taste, add a little olive oil and pine nuts, and mix again.
I love to eat pesto with toast or pasta, it is also delicious with mozzarella & tomatoes.
So, what do you think?